Architecture for Digital Transformation
|Instructor||CEU Units||# of Lectures||Hours per Week|
This 12-week online professional executive education course provides concepts and methods to proceed with Digital IT strategy and process digital transformation by using digital enterprise architecture (DEA) – the Adaptive Integrated Digital Architecture Framework (AIDAF). The course is taught via the University’s online learning environment and biweekly (or weekly) class-wide web conferences or phone calls. The workload is 6-8 hours per week and a course completion certificate is awarded by Carnegie Mellon University. Upon course completion participants will:
- Understand how to describe Digital IT Strategy and depict Digital IT Architecture Strategy for Digital Transformation.
- Understand Digital IT Architecture such as Cloud, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT), etc.
- Understand how to identify the fundamental concepts of solutions for the key issues of Digital Transformation.
- Discuss and analyze problems and their factors in Digital Transformation and Enterprise Architecture, covering Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Data Architecture, and Technology Architecture.
- Understand how to apply the Strategic Digital Enterprise Architecture Framework and the related Architecture Assessment process with sound Global Communications on Digital Platforms collaboratively in the Architecture Board.
- Understand how to identify risks in Digital IT projects, Digital IT systems and manage the risks in Digital IT projects for Digital Transformation.
- Understand how to design and build a practical Digital Enterprise Architecture process with Digital Platforms for Digital Transformation and demonstrate DEA contributions to organizational value with Digital IT Strategy.
Enterprise Architecture for Global Companies in a Digital IT Era, 1st edition by Yoshimasa Masuda, Murli Viswanathan; ISBN 978-981-13-1083-6
An Introduction to Holistic Enterprise Architecture, 4th edition by Scott Bernard; ISBN-13: 978-1728358055
(As optional) Architecting the Digital Transformation, by Editors: Alfred Zimmermann, Rainer Schmidt, Lakhmi C Jain. (Eds.): ISBN 978-3-030-49639-5
Lecture 1: Overview of EA and Digital Transformation Concepts
Lecture 2: Digital IT Architecture and EA Fundamental
Lecture 3: Digital IT Strategies and EA Scalability
Lecture 4: Problems and Solutions for Digital Transformation
Lecture 5: Strategic Architecture Framework
Lecture 6: Architecture Assessment for Digital Transformation
Lecture 7: Social Collaboration on Digital Platform in Architecture Board
Lecture 8: Global Communications on platforms for Digital Transformation
Lecture 9: Risk Management for Digital Transformation
Lecture 10: EA process for Digital Transformation
Lecture 11: Using DEA to start up and enhance Digital Platforms
Lecture 12: Using DEA to Increase Organizational/Social Value with Digital IT Strategy