Advanced Enterprise Architecture
|Instructor||CEU Units||# of Lectures||Hours per Week||Tuition|
This twelve week course provides students with an understanding of advanced concepts and practices in establishing and running ongoing Enterprise Architecture (EA) programs and specific EA documentation projects. Upon course completion students will:
- Understand how to establish and run an ongoing EA program.
- Understand how to scope and manage an EA documentation project.
- Understand how to establish, train, and task an EA project team.
- Understand how to choose an EA framework and methodology for an EA project.
- Understand how EA uses strategic priorities and business requirements to drive IT solution development, and implementation.
- Understand how to identify and document EA program and project requirements.
- Understand how to develop an EA project schedule and budget
- Understand how to identify and manage risk in EA programs and projects.
- Have completed a review of basic EA concepts and practices.
- Have reviewed future trends in EA.
- Participate in on-line threaded discussions of EA topics with fellow students that will bring out real-world experiences in dealing with EA issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Work on a project to develop three types of documents that are essential to the success of most architecture projects including:
- An EA Contractor Statement of Work
- An EA Project Schedule - Work Breakdown Structure
- An EA Training Plan
To enroll in this course, you must have successfully completed Enterprise Architecture Fundamentals
An Introduction to Enterprise Architecture, 3rd Edition, by Scott A. Bernard, AuthorHouse, ISBN: 978-1-4772-5800-2
TopicsLecture 1: EA Implementation and Concepts Review
Lecture 2: Implementing the Strategy Sub-Architecture
Lecture 3: Implementing the Data Sub-Architecture
Lecture 4: Implementing the Network Sub-Architecture
Lecture 5: Implementing EA Standards and Profiles
Lecture 6: Developing the EA Management & Transition Plan
Lecture 7: EA Program Management Overview
Lecture 8: EA Program Management Area 2: Budget
Lecture 9: EA Program Management Area 4: Staffing
Lecture 10: EA Program Management Area 6: Deliverables & Tracking
Lecture 11: EA Program Deliverables Example: Project Schedule
Lecture 12: EA Program Maturity